Friday 2 August 2013

Blog Along With Effy - Day1 - I'm Home!

My home is 90 miles from where I've been staying with my aunt since October when she started on oxygen 24/7 (she has advanced emphysema).  I've spent maybe a half dozen nights in total at home since then, and tonight my best friend is test-driving being my respite caregiver to see how it goes.  If it goes well, I'll get to come home once a month for three nights, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

In the meantime I'm in my own little house with my Sweetie (I'll call him T after this)...sitting in my own living room watching our nice big TV and sleeping in our incredibly comfy bed.  Yay!  I feel like I won a prize! I have to go back tomorrow, but hopefully can come home again soon.

This is my second time writing this post, so now it's August 2nd and it doesn't qualify as Day 1.  The first one wouldn't publish (there was no Publish button on the screen at the time) and I hoped it would save in Draft somehow, but when I restarted Blogger it was gone and it was after midnight, so I guess I lost out on whatever was the incentive.  It's ok, though.  I love this 30-day idea - it'll get me in the habit of posting every day.  And I love Effy.  She inspires me to keep going no matter what, and her art rocks!

No art journaling, or even doodling tonight.  Most of my art supplies are at my aunt's, so I just have my travel kit here (and I already gave all the details in the post I lost so maybe another post, another day I'll do it again).  I've been reading Effy's stuff and reading the latest issues of Somerset Studio and Where Women Create magazines and now I'm going to bed (my comfy, cozy, snuggly big bed) and I hope to sleep like a baby.  I hope you all had as good a day and will have as good a sleep as I do.  Night all!

1 comment:

  1. funny - I just posted Day 1 also. And I hadn't made a special post - I just used today's post...hope that is ok...I better check the 'rules'. I also didn't get to do any creating today and am off to bed now too! Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete