Sunday 23 February 2014

"You Need No More Than 33 Items In Your Closet"....


...and those 33 items include clothes, coats, boots, shoes, purses, accessories, sunglasses and any jewellery you don't wear every single day.  Luckily, the 33!items don't include underwear or exercise clothes.

I read this article (see blog post title) today in "O" Magazine.  Although it nearly caused me an anxiety attack, I immediately set to work in my bedroom.  But first I skipped over to author Courtney Carver's Project 333 website.   I also check out her website, Be More With Less, which is filled with great information on simplifying our lives.  In addition, her home site, Courtney Carver.com is another good source of information.  I'm working my way through the archives at Be More With Less right now.  There's a lot of really good stuff in there that's motivating me to make some positive changes in my world.

I was like a whirling dervish in my bedroom this afternoon.  After two hours I had eight (8) clear blue recycle bags (the big ones) to donate and two green ones for the garbage bin.  I swear I could have given a nice scarf or wrap to everyone on my street! I haven't narrowed things down to 33 yet (not even close), but it's a huge start.  And I didn't just do my closet - I did my dresser and my jewellery box as well!  Phase II will get me closer to the 33 things.  Hopefully I'll get to Phase II sooner rather than later.


Next stop - linen/medicine/toiletries/ tools closet (over-stuffed shelf for each).  Scary thought.





No comments:

Post a Comment