Tuesday 18 February 2014

Crazy Hair Ladies

Book of Days has two awesome spreads posted for us to tackle, but my sister and I haven't been able to synchronize our schedules this past week, so it'll be a while before we can get together and do the next one.

Life Book has a new lesson out this week that looks like fun, too, by Alena Hennessy.  I'm not familiar with her, but will check out the link myself.

In the meantime, I was salivating over Natasha May's online workshop "Crazy Hair Ladies", and remembered that I did a spread a while back with my own crazy hair lady in it. I think she might have been for a swap group I did at the Glitterhood last year.  I'm not sure.



I like her - and I hope at some point I'll get a chance to do Natasha's workshop.  It would be a blast!

The sources for learning amazing mixed media art and art journaling online are endless and exciting beyond words.  There's something for everyone, no matter what your ability or experience and, trust me, if you have, or think you have, no ability at all, you'll surprise yourself in no time - seriously!  I'm not kidding.   A lot of my stuff is still pretty sad looking to me, but some of it surprises the hell out of me.  As I've said many times, I couldn't draw a decent stick figure or a proper happy face when I started this, so I've come a long way.  And even if I hadn't, I'm having so much fun, and it makes me so happy, that I'd do it anyway.

Just pick something and try it....you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment