Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Word for the Year - Book of Days - Week 1

My word for 2014 is "space."  I need space - space to grow, space to move, space in my home, my head and my heart for the things most sacred to me.  I'll carry my word with me throughout the year and make the space I require for growth and freedom to do what I love....and to learn more about what I do love - what makes me happy....what fills my heart and soul with joy.  For me, learning requires space.

My first Book of Days spread of the year is nothing like I pictured, but I like it a lot.  It's a bit of a mixture of Effy's first BOD lesson and the first Wildly Inspired video that she's recorded.  I loved them both and my spread incorporated parts of both of them as well as my word.  I'm happy with it, considering I've not been able to do much in the way of art journaling, except in my head, since October.

Now I'm working on a spread for WildlyInspired Wednesday, but I'm stuck on it right now.  It's something that my muse seems to be playing with, because I understand what the intent is, but have no clue how it got where it is or where it's going.  I'll just have to go with it and see what happens.

One of the coolest  things about BOD this year is that my sister and I, 600 miles apart, can do it together, thanks to Facetime on our iPads.  I got an iPad Air for Xmas from MH, and he now has my original iPad (which he also gave me) that has no camera.  My sister and I are having a blast working out all the things we need to art journal together online.

Comments and/or questions are welcome.  I'll attempt to respond as quickly as possible.  I'll be back sooon.


No comments:

Post a Comment