Friday 31 January 2014

ADHD, Keeping Up A Blog, and More Moonshine Boot Camp Sketches

Keeping current with a blog takes discipline and work, although it doesn't really feel like work when I'm doing it.  My ADHD mind, however, likes to jump from thought to thought, idea to idea, task to task - oh look, there's a squirrel! - and distraction to distraction like a monkey swings through branches in a jungle.  That makes it even more important to keep a blog, so that I can record what's going on in my head before I "see another squirrel."

Art journaling is such a blessing to me because it allows me to indulge so many ideas, thoughts and interests at the same time and in the same place.  It's a godsend for me!  YAY whoever invented art journaling!  The variety is endless, as are my thoughts.

I have more sketches and I must say I'm getting quite a kick out of them.  Since they aren't supposed to look like actual people, it's fun watching who emerges each time I put the pencil to the page, and to see how/if I'm progressing in my ability to actually create these faces. Some of them make me want to hide my head, they're so bad, some of them make me laugh, and some of them surprise me.  This is a never-ending source of amusement because while I'm learning I am not yet able to plan how a face is going to look.  I'm not even sure if that ever happens.   I just follow the instructions as I remember them and see who shows up.

When I first started practicing these faces - back when I signed up for Tamara Laporte's Fabulous Faces course - and again when I started Moonshine Boot Camp, I had mixed feelings about drawing all these sketches in a book and still having to create faces in my art journals.  I was afraid of messing up my art journal pages if I didn't like the face I made.  But eventually, I was thrilled to realize that the ones I like, I can actually photocopy or scan, print them out and paste them onto a background in my art journal. Then I can paint and embellish them to my heart's content.....how cool is that!?  Now I'm doing even more faces (see below).  Nothing jaw-droppingly awesome, by any stretch, but as I've said before, before I took these courses,I couldn't draw a happy face or stick figure without messing it up.








Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment