Wednesday 18 February 2015

Princess Pea

This is Princess Pea. She's done with pencil and chalk pastels. I did her lips and eyes with Gelly Roll Glaze pens. I like her but I haven't learned to get the pencil shading looking the way it should.

I'm slowly starting to understand that as long as what I'm doing makes me happy and brings me many moments of delight and joy, then it truly doesn't matter what other people think of it. I'm not referring to people who art journal, because I know you/they get what it's all about and enjoy checking out other people's work, for reference and ideas, as well as comparison (though we should NEVER compare).
If you've ever shown your art journaling/sketches, etc to family/friends who don't "get" what you're doing....well, all I can say is it's pretty disheartening. The last time I showed some of my art to a family member, the response was "Is this what you spend your time doing?" That was it....no comment on the subject. BUT...the joy of creating is not something I'm about to give up.
From now on, anything I create, I'll keep in my tribe... people who love art journaling and all that goes with it. I'll keep posting it here on my blog....no one sees it anyway, and anyone who does would probably be an art journaler. Luckily my sister "gets" it, and she's also my best friend, so we have the pleasure of sharing our learning experiences with each other and online. Thank God for all the art journaling groups on Facebook and all the wonderful artists online who teach us!


No comments:

Post a Comment